Sunday, November 16, 2008

Relief Society Super Saturday, Nov. 15th, 2008

The ladies at Church said they were tired of doing crafts and they decided to do a service project for super Saturday. I was glad about this, since I wanted an easy project (I'm second counselor and over Enrichment), plus we needed (as a Relief Society) to do something for someone else and this project seemed perfect. My sister Leonor, gave me the idea of comfort pillows for the American Cancer Society. Her youngest daughter (Vanessa) is in girl scouts, and she saw this idea a few years ago. So, I talked to the Relief Society president and she loved the idea of the pillows. We completed 114 pillows and 26 turbans (ACS are in great need of turbans), and had a great turn out with attendance (a few sisters left early before we took the picture), plus we had great breakfast tacos, german pastries and a great fruit salad. It was such a great and fun morning sewing, stuffing and doing many other things together.

4 comments:

Colette said...

That is a great service project. It's wonderful that you all had a fun time serving others.

Evelyn said...

Yes it was very nice, we really had fun doing it.

Anonymous said...

Now, we need to do with the girl scouts, too, they just never got around in doing it...just saw the idea and that was it...but we might do it one of these days.

Noni

Evelyn said...

Well, it was very nice and they were easy to make too.