Sunday, November 16, 2008

Visit to Kenner, LA

Here are Lizbeth (my twin's oldest daughter) and Roberto (my oldest sister's youngest son), I think they are reading and studying.

Jonah, Micah and Vanessa (my twin's youngest daughter) are playing video games.

Here are my Mom and Dad with some of their grandkids. Micah, Roberto and Jonah are making funny faces here.
I had to post this picture too, because Micah, Roberto and Jonah and smiling, but Lizbeth, Vanessa and Mom are making faces in this one. Only my Dad seems to be all smiles in both pictures. Thank goodness for digital cameras (do you remember the 35mm cameras? You just hoped that the picture you took turned out ok), and even with digital, you still can't seem to get the perfect one.
In this picture only my Mom seemed to have closed her eyes, but overall it was a good picture.

I just love this picture of my Mom and Dad, they have been married for 54 years. My Dad still can get around pretty good (even without his sight) and my Mom makes all the trips just to see her grandkids. Micah missed a swim meet, and Jonah missed a soccer game, and both missed a day in school just to go see their grandparents. Who knows when we are going to see them anymore,(I just don't see them making the trip much more), so we thought it was very important for the boys to spend time with their grandparents. Both of the boys helped grandpa and grandma so much during the little time we were together. We miss them very much.

The last picture is of my twin sister (Leonor) and I. The last time we were together, we both had long hair. Here I had cut my hair two months earlier (I donated my hair for the second time to locks of love) and she still had her hair long. In the past she has always been the one with short hair and me with long hair (she is thinking of cutting hers too).

5 comments:

Simply Done Together said...

I love seeing all these pictures. I really miss you guys.
Sometime we'll get to go down and visit.

Simply Done Together said...

We miss you guys!
It was fun seeing all the pictures of the family.

Evelyn said...

And maybe one of these days we will make a trip to the east coast. We miss you too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, they were all good pictures. The girls really enjoyed spending time with gramps and abuela, and of course their cousins; Micah, Jonah, and Roberto, and don't forget Tia Evelyn, too.

Noni

Evelyn said...

We enjoyed our time together too. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!!