Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday November 22, 2008

I finally got a Saturday to sleep in (no swim meet, no band competition and no soccer) and woke up at 8:30am. It was really nice to sleep more than 6 hours. I made pancakes from scracth and bacon for the boys. They really enjoyed them. Micah made a mickey mouse pancake for Jonah. The best thing is that we ate them with butter and honey - I grew up eating with real butter and real honey - they were so good and tasty!!!

Since Larry does not eat fruits, the only pies that I make are pecan pie and lemon meringe pie. For the first time in my married life I made an apple pie (yes also from scracth and the dough from scracth too). It was so much fun making it. Micah cut the apples, I peeled them and Jonah set them in the shell. You can tell it was my first pie (I need to work on the edges next time), but it was super delicious.
It was good for the boys to help with the pie. They usually stay out of the kitchen when I'm cooking or baking. But this time they wanted to help. They loved it eating at uncle Rick's and aunt Kathleen's house warmed and with ice cream on top. Yummy!!!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bWe had a great time the kids were so excited to see their cousins and get the chance to share the love for entertaining! Love you guys :)

Anonymous said...

We had a great time seeing you agin the kids loved seeing their cousins! The pie was great and even better the next day. Kids loved entertaining you. We love you guys.

Simply Done Together said...

So you are on a baking roll. I love making Pies. My girl friend and I went to a William Sonoma pie class this weekned. Talk about yummy pies.
I too love apple pies. They're my favorite.

Evelyn said...

Rick - we were glad we went too. And glad that you guys enjoyed the pie.

Meli - that is why my back has been hurting so much these few days. Today I baked two pecan pies (also from scratch), for Jonah's school. They are doing a Thanksgiving luncheon for the teachers and staff. I would love to go and learn about pies too.

Anonymous said...

that pie looks good...

Evelyn said...

It was delicious.