
The boys were off from school a week ago for spring break. Larry took the week off as well. I had to work for a few days, but we decided at the last minute to go camping to Lake Corpus Christi. We bought this tent last year on sale and this was our first time going camping with it. Micah was a big help putting it together.

Jonah also likes helping with the hammer.

Here is Jonah with Dad working hard. It took us almost two hours until we were done.

Of course Jonah had to take a break and went inside.

Here is Micah still working.

The next morning, Micah was taking it easy while Mom was cooking breakfast.

The boys had a great time flying a kite, the wind was very strong the night before (I think they got to be over 30 mph).

Here is a closer look of the kite high in the sky.

Larry took a great picture of the sunset that evening.

The boys and I could not wait until Larry got the fire going, so we started roasting our mashmallows on the stove for our smores.

The worst part of camping is packing up and leaving when we were having such a great time.

Here we are by the lake. What a wonderful few days we had together. I hope that one day the boys will remember these great times together and will do the same thing with their own families.
5 comments:
Looks like you and the family had a great time. where was the wind? It looks like you had perfect weather!
Ok, Rick, I guess it was nothing comparing to what you guys had.
Those pictures look like you guys had fun!!!
Noni
So fun. Looks like you guys had a blast. We are counting the days when we can get outside to go camping. So far all of Spring Break has been cold and raining. Spring so far has been in the 40's maybve just touching 50 degrees. Not so much fun out here on the East coast.
Meli, I guess we can trade places, because I would love to have your kind of weather (because we so much need the rain) and you can have the heat we've had here in Texas.
Post a Comment